Eventually, this page will become a proper subproject homepage, like jupp’s and mksh’s. For now, it’s a download and checksum indicator.
The current version is paxmirabilis-20161104.
Download MirCPIO distfiles
Checksums and Hashes
- RMD160 (paxmirabilis-20161104.cpio.gz) = 35c55da7898b23206a16a759b2038bf677833e00
- TIGER (paxmirabilis-20161104.cpio.gz) = 7a2e84e9ca9b32fa94146432fbf348aa5058ec8a42e0c4b9
- 3599565450 148061 /MirOS/dist/mir/cpio/paxmirabilis-20161104.cpio.gz
- MD5 (paxmirabilis-20161104.cpio.gz) = 51172547aa7447244ba1db5768cdcdfd
- All official distfiles are gzsig(1)d. with our current signature key.
Download preformatted documentation
Unofficial git mirror
github (chosen only for popularity) hosts a read-only, push-only, possibly nōn-fastforward, unofficial git mirror of the paxmirabilis source tree. Use at your own risk.
- gzip -dc paxmirabilis-20161104.cpio.gz | cpio -mid
- gzip -dc paxmirabilis-20161104.cpio.gz | pax -r
- tar -xzf paxmirabilis-20161104.cpio.gz
You can also retrieve a POSIX ustar-format distfile pax_20161104.orig.tar.xz from Debian. This can be extracted with: xz -dc pax_20161104.orig.tar.xz | tar -xf -
Eventually, we’ll offer an autoconf-like buildsystem similar
to what mksh has. For now, though, just
change into the pax/ subdirectory from the archive,
look at the BSD Makefile, figure out what CPPFLAGS to
use (-DLONG_OFF_T may be necessary on GNU) and whether
to change SAFE_PATH, then compile
all source files into a binary.
Example: cc -O2 -o pax -DHAVE_STRLCPY -DPAX_SAFE_PATH=\"/bin\" *.c
Install that binary under three names (you can use hardlinks or, if you prefer, symlink(7)s, for that, or just copy it): either ⓪ cpio, pax, and tar, or ① mircpio, mirpax, and mirtar, or ② paxcpio, pax, and paxtar, somewhere in the $PATH.
If you install preformatted manpages, compile them with -rg1 or -rg2 dependent on which names you used for the binaries (case ⓪ doesn’t need this); if you install manpage sources, prepend a line .nr g 1 or .nr g 2 respectively.