- bodyp points to a sequence of bytes.
It is not a C string (a sequence of characters that is terminated by '\0').
Therefore, do not use the usual C string functions like
on this byte block.
Moreover, the byte sequence may contain '\0' characters inside the block.
Hence even if a trailing '\0' is added, C string functions may still fail
to work as expected.
- Since message bodies can be very large, defining xxfi_body can
significantly impact filter performance.
- End-of-lines are represented as received from SMTP (normally CR/LF).
- Later filters will see body changes made by earlier ones.
- Message bodies may be sent in multiple chunks, with one call to
xxfi_body per chunk.
if a milter has received sufficiently many
body chunks to make a decision,
but still wants to invoke
message modification functions that are only allowed to be called from
Note: the milter must
this behavior with the MTA, i.e., it must check whether
the protocol action
is available and if so, the milter must request it.