- xxfi_abort must reclaim any resources allocated on a per-message
basis, and must be tolerant of being called between any two
- Calls to xxfi_abort and xxfi_eom are
- xxfi_abort is not responsible for reclaiming connection-specific
data, since xxfi_close is always called
when a connection is closed.
- Since the current message is already being aborted, the return
value is currently ignored.
- xxfi_abort is only called if the message is aborted outside the
filter's control and the filter has not completed its
message-oriented processing. For example, if a filter has already
returned SMFIS_ACCEPT, SMFIS_REJECT, or SMFIS_DISCARD from a
message-oriented routine, xxfi_abort will not be called even if the
message is later aborted outside its control.