FreeWRT Embedded GNU/Linux Appliance Development Kit used to be a project creating a framework for an embedded µClibc-based GNU/Linux distribution, suitable both for direct use by end users, as well as a meta distribution from which vendors could cut their own wireless router (or other embedded device) distribution.
Host Europe has been sponsoring a Dedicated Server since about 2006. Thank you!
The FreeWRT legacy including project infrastructure has been merged into The MirOS Project.
Unfortunately, the FreeWRT Project was eventually archived due to lack of active developers. The domain “freewrt.org” was deleted in Q1 2014, and the project files stay here for download. Most of these files are compressed with XZ Utils.
- FreeWRT SVN dump – an “svnadmin dump” of the source code version control system
- FreeWRT Bugs mailing list archive in mbox format
- FreeWRT Commits mailing list archive in mbox format
- FreeWRT Discussion mailing list archive in mbox format
- FreeWRT News (Announce) mailing list archive in mbox format
- FreeWRT Users (Support) mailing list archive in mbox format
- FreeWRT Distfiles – copies of upstream releases of packages that are used by FreeWRT
For a while, when FreeWRT was already handled by The MirOS Project, the server was used for secondary project hosting. Archived content and new locations are:
- git repository of the “ecce!Josef STAtic LINux” project (dead)
- git repository of the “mirₘᵢₙcⒺ” C library project (on hiatus)
- MediaWiki XML dump of the MirOS project wiki (virtually no content)
- git repository archive of the “Shell-Toolkit” (shellsnippets) project (live; new URI will follow)
- MirDebian APT repository secondary mirror (live; new primary URI will follow)